THERAPEUTIC YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
180 hour Advanced Teacher Training Program
Part of our 300-hour Yoga Alliance program and Yoga Alliance CEU eligible
November 21, 2015 - May 7, 2016
LOCATION: 416 Route 518, Blawenburg, NJ 08558 [click here for map & driving directions]
Director of Instruction: Andrea Sacchetti, E-RYT 500, Comprehensive Yoga Therapist
~click instructor's name for more info ~
Plus other expert guest speakers for special topics, including Jaime Stover Schmitt, Ed.D., C.M.A., E-RYT 500, and Sarah King Borda, LMT, NCTMB,Licensed Healthcare Practitioner.
Join us on this special healing journey!
Together, we will explore many time-tested techniques, as well as exciting new developments in Yoga Therapy research. Through classroom study, fun practice sessions, home assignments, personal healing work, and a mentor relationship, you will study and practice:
- The principles, importance and power of adapting yoga to the individual client/student.
- How and why yoga heals, and how it supports the body, mind and emotions in moving toward optimum health and wellness.
- Yoga as a powerful complimentary therapy for many common conditions and diseases.
- Understanding the most common yoga injuries and and how to avoid them, with a focus on musculoskeletal alignment, and adapting alignment to the individual.
- Understanding the most common health conditions and how to guide students who are experiencing them, for their health, safety and benefit.
- An introduction to working with the yogic/Ayurvedic understanding of the body, health and healing, including healing as personal evolution.
- Selected topics in western Anatomy and Physiology.
- "What is yoga?" Exploration in yoga philosophy, especially the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, and the Bhagavad Gita.
- Developing expertise and specialization in a population or condition of your choice.
- Breath awareness as foundation.
- Therapeutic yogic practices, including adapted and individualized: Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Yoga Nidra, Mudra, Mantra, Meditation, Nutrition and Lifestyle.
- Suggested language and techniques for incorporating these principles in your group classes and private sessions.
You will also learn:
- When to refer or consult - knowing your limitations.
- Self-care for the teacher/ therapist - maintaining your own health and radiance.
- Practical considerations including: insurance, liability waiver, otherlegal and safety considerations, HIPPA compliance, maintaining confidentiality, health history pros and cons, marketing and finances.
Though this is an in depth introductory course, not intended as a stand-alone professional certification as a yoga therapist, it will inform, train and allow you to work therapeutically as a teacher safely, deeply and meaningfully with students with common health and other conditions, including understanding when to refer.
Prerequisite: Graduation from a 200 hour Yoga Alliance registered program, or equivalent.
Copyright July 22, 2015 Andrea Sacchetti. All rights reserved.