RYT 300-hr YOGA TEACHER CERTIFICATION for Yoga Alliance 500-hr RYT:
Note: a Yoga Alliance 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training (consider our Integral Yoga 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training - one of the best anywhere) is a prerequisite for entering our 300-hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training program.
300-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training includes a special 100-hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training and a 20-hr Restorative Yoga Teacher Training, either of which may be taken on their own for any who are not interested in the full 30-hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training nor planning on the Yoga Alliance RYT-500.
Our next Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Module runs from Saturday, January 6, 2018 through Sunday, November 18, 2018, meeting two weekends for most months, Saturdays and Sundays from 8 am to 4 pm - mostly every other week, with only one day in both July and August, and a 3-day Retreat in October ~ CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL SCHEDULE ~
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training prepares you to instruct intermediate and advanced level classes with an emphasis on instructing safely. As well as deepening your understanding and practice of yoga you will learn how to adapt your instruction to meet the special conditions and needs of your students. You also learn to lead Yin Yoga classes, Restorative Yoga classes, meditation workshops and courses, and develop a deep personal meditation practice. Yoga philosophy is explored more extensively with The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, The Bhagavad Gita and The Hatha Yoga Pradipika. You learn how to work with Kriyas, Bhandas & Mudras as part of your practice and instruction. And guided instruction in more advanced yoga techniques become a daily part of your life, resulting in deepening your understanding of yoga and its impact in your life.
Our Yoga Alliance 300-hour Teacher Training, Advanced Yoga Teacher Training ["ATT"], with Jayadeva, E-RYT 500, Sally Miller, E-RYT 500, Robert Levine, RYT 500, Judith Curiel, E-RYT 500, and other assistents, is a wonderful way for you to both deepen your own yoga experience and to instruct others at intermediate and advanced levels. At its core are more advanced sadhana practices combining the use of Mantra, Mudra, Bandha, Pranayama and mental focus which will take you to a deeper and richer yoga experience and understanding while moving you forward on your personal path. Besides the work with asanas and pranayama you will learn to work with mudras and bandhas and additional pranayama practices. After completing the Advanced Yoga Teacher Training you will be prepared to instruct intermediate and advanced level classes, Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga and lead Meditation workshops and courses. It moves you to much deeper dimensions so that your practice and your instruction take place on whole new planes. [click here for testimonies of those who have taken the ATT] You will more thoroughly understand the yoga practices and be able to help your students move to new levels. You also come to understand meditation and how to instruct it from a very rich and broad grounding. At the completion of the Training you will be qualified for your Yoga Alliance RYT 500.
Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Sally Miller, E-RYT 500
You may take only this 100-hr training if you'd like. To do this simply complete the Application for and go to enroll for the 300-hr Advanced Yoga Teacher Training, but then simply pay the tuition for "Only Yin Yoga Training."
Yin Yoga offers tools, techniques, and a somatic approach to deepening your spiritual practice. In this aspect of our 300-hr training you’ll immerse yourself in Yin Yoga asanas to release tension from the muscles and fascia, as well as move your awareness from external stimuli to the inner landscape. Learn from an embodied master who has helped thousands of students take their mindfulness practice to another level.
For those interested in teaching, you’ll leave feeling well-equipped with a detailed understanding of how to teach each posture, sample sequences for organ meridians, emotions, common ailments, and more, as well as practice teaching experience, and feedback from your peers and Sally. For those who aren’t interested in sharing the practice with others, the training provides an incredible transformation of body and mind, with no pressure to teach Yin Yoga.
Include in Yin Yoga Training...
- 10 Guided Meditation Lessons to reduce anxiety and induce a calm state of mind
- 10 Guided Yin Yoga Classes to learn the poses in your own body, through your own experience, and with various modifications
- 3 Philosophy Lectures on Taoism, Yin & Yang, 5 Elements, 10 Organs and Spiritual Practice
- 4 Yin Yoga Lifestyle Discussions on creating a sacred space for practice, timing and scheduling your practice, the yin breath, and dharana techniques, as well as sample yin yoga sequences, contraindications and rewards of yin yoga, staying balanced with Yang Yoga and caring for yourself as a Yin Yogi
- Yin Yoga Ethics: Yamas & Niyamas, Boundaries and Business
- Physical Anatomy, including fascia, principals of joint mobility and soft tissue release exercises as well as organ anatomy and disease correlation
- Energetic Anatomy, including mapping the meridians, emotions and their organ correlations
- Guided Emotional Healing Mediations
- Teaching Methodology, including the role of a Yin Yoga teacher, how to hold space, and a teaching feedback circle
- Practice Teaching for those who are interested
- A Graduation Puja (meditation and mantra ritual) to Saraswati, the Goddess of Learning
Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Judith Curiel, E-RYT 500
Being trained by Judy to teach Restorative Yoga is a worthwhile step for every yoga teacher. Besides learning to teach a wonderful Restorative Yoga class you also learn so many things you will use in all of your classes and for yourself. Judy has trained hundreds of teachers in this style of yoga since 2009. She has offered this Training at several studios in PA, NJ and FL. Judy's signature course has been developed through her decade of teaching weekly restorative classes and the four Restorative Trainings which she took to develop her own special teaching skills and style.
Included in Restorative Yoga Teacher Training...
- teach a balanced, safe and well-sequenced Restorative Yoga class
- over 30 poses and their modifications are explored
- teach a Restorative private class adapted to the student's needs
- teach with minimal props or a prop intensive class
- use Restorative Yoga as a Gateway to Meditation
- use Restorative Yoga for mental, emotional and physical well-being
- learn tips and tricks for logistics, cueing and marketing
- the use of sacred music
- how to hold the space and take the seat of the teacher
- how to adapt and modify poses
- critically think about the pose benefits in order to be able to substitute or modify poses and props
- learn the value of silence & how to effectively use that
- opportunities to practice teach
- how to use your voice as a restorative tool
- blanket folding 101
- the use of straps and sandbags
- how to best use breathwork in Restorative classes
- partner lesson planning
- poses are grouped energetically
- discussion about contraindications
- prop intensive poses in private classes
- timing and sequencing tips
- marketing ideas
- you get a resource guide for further study and local teacher directory
- Judy's 42-page color Restorative Yoga Manual